by: Don G / @lbdStreetFashion
Know when to make the right move and take your time to do so.
Patience gives you the power to shape your destiny with your own hands. If you desire a skill that will essentially guarantee success in your life, this is the one to master. Patience is a virtue that rewards those willing to grasp the wisdom of its strategic use. We have all met impatient people. We also have met patient ones. Look closely at their lives. You will find that the ones who have more patience get farther, have more successes, seem happier and less stressful, and overall enjoy better lives than those with less patience.
As you make progress you will feel the change. Many of the things that triggered you will being affecting you less and less each day. You may not gain unlimited patience as there will always be some triggers you can’t get rid of, but you will live in a better state of mind. Think about each little moment as a battle. It might be a tie and all it takes is one good or bad thought to win either way. Continue to fight towards mastering patience and before you know it, you will begin winning those battles.
“Patience is power. Patience is not an absence of action; rather it is “timing”. It waits on the right time to act, for the right principles and in the right way.” ― Fulton J. Sheen
Master Move Action Steps:
- Stay Positive – Reduce or remove anything that creates negative environments in your life.
- Control Yourself – Stop allowing the situations around you shape how you react. Control how you act instead of simply reacting.
- Expect The Unexpected – Begin preparing your mind each day for the worst things that could happen to you. Plan solutions for the unexpected and take back power over things that are not significant to your happiness and success.
- Remember That Everyone Handles Things Differently – Just because you do things a certain way doesn’t mean that others will or have the same motivation as you. Everyone works at different speeds and on different thought levels. Use that to your advantage.
- Know Your Long Term Goals – You will get what you want if you continue to work towards it. Keep your goals in mind and work towards them on a daily basis. Don’t rush success, it comes to those how have mastered patience.
- Realize That Some Things Will Take Time – Remind yourself that eventually everything come to fruition in it’s own time.
- Remember What Really Matters – Train your focus to the things that really matter. Distractions keep you from obtaining the results that you desire.
- Live In The Now – Take the time to give attention to the little things. No matter what has happened in your past, you can make a difference now. Be thankful and appreciate the precious gift of life.
- Relax and Meditate – Plan your day to take a moment of silence, stillness, and peace. Give yourself plenty of time to enjoy this moment.
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin wrote:
“Above all, trust in the slow work of God. We are quite naturally impatient in everything to reach the end without delay. We should like to skip the intermediate stages. We are impatient of being on the way to something unknown, something new. And yet it is the law of all progress that it is made by passing through some stages of instability—and that it may take a very long time. And so I think it is with you; your ideas mature gradually—let them grow, let them shape themselves, without undue haste. Don’t try to force them on, as though you could be today what time (that is to say, grace and circumstances acting on your own good will) will make of you tomorrow.
Only God could say what this new spirit gradually forming within you will be. Give Our Lord the benefit of believing that his hand is leading you, and accept the anxiety of feeling yourself in suspense and incomplete.”