by: Chad Howse
Our society’s becoming emasculated. Our men are becoming soft, weak, and vain.
If you’re offended by that statement then I’m likely talking to you. If you agree with it, if you see that the tides are turning for the worse, then I’m likely not.
If you’re doing any of the things on this list, don’t get your panties in a knot, just stop doing them.
Our society was literally built by the hands of strong men who did the work without complaint. It’s being destroyed by men who don’t know how to be men. Boys who aspire for fame above all else at incredible numbers. Males who aren’t concerned about winning or losing, rather, about popularity, about finding themselves, about getting what they feel they deserve without doing the work to get it.
1. Stop taking selfies. It’s weird. It’s vain.
2. Stop thinking you’re entitled to a single thing. You’re not entitled to someone else’s money. You’re not entitled to a job. You’re not entitled to happiness, only its pursuit.
3. Stop complaining. Men don’t complain. They don’t cry about how things are, they accept them and do what they need to do to make them better.
4. Stop comparing yourself to others. Social media has made this the norm. Stop it. Stop wishing you were in someone else’s shoes. Stop wanting what someone else has. Stop looking over the fence and start looking in the mirror.
5. Stop watching porn. It makes you unable to have boners as, over time, your expectations change. It changes how you treat women, for the worse. It changes what you want from women. It changes your ideas of what sex is and should be. Go get a real woman, treat her well and with respect, and poke all you want. But stop with the porn, it’s turning a generation into impotent, sadistic cowards who treat women like objects.
6. Stop watching TV. Read a book instead.
7. Stop worrying about your clothes. Clothes don’t make the man. Take pride in how you present yourself, sure, but stop fretting over your appearance, thinking that appearance is the measure of a man. The content of your character is who you are and who you are to the rest of humanity. The clothes you wear mean fuck all.
8. Stop being a little bitch. Stop hiding behind this idea that there is no right or wrong. Stand up for what’s right. Fight what’s wrong. Stop being a little bitch and take a stance. Fight for those who can’t fight for themselves.
9. Stop letting your fear inhibit my freedom. Stop trying to take my guns. Stop trying to tell me what dog I can and can’t buy. If you don’t want to defend yourself or your family, if you’d rather have help be a phone call away rather than by your bed, so be it. But don’t let your fear inhibit my freedom. Don’t be a pussy.
10. Stop thinking you know everything. We dig our heels in now more than ever. We take a stance and we have no real idea why the stance is taken. Every single human on this planet knows something that you don’t and has something to teach you. Go into every conversation with humility, not like you’re the professor and class is in session.
11. Stop blaming other people and entities for your lack of anything. This life is on you. Whether you’re happy, of value, and successful is on you. It isn’t the result of anything other than your own choices and actions. Stop blaming others for your lack of anything. Start taking control of your life, your thoughts, and your choices or just shut up.
12. Stop waiting for the perfect job to come your way, take the next one available. Too many humans think they’re destined for something perfect when they haven’t earned it. They’re too good to do this, they’re above that. The reality is that you need a bloody paycheck, so take the next job and work your ass off, climb the ladder, be better than your wage, and reap the future rewards.
13. Stop being a dick. Smile. Be kind. Be good. Complement people. Help people. Open doors for women. Give your time to something other than your own benefit. Stop being an entitled prick, start being the good man you’re capable of being.
14. Stop being insecure. Stop being so insecure that you can’t rejoice in the success of others. Stop being so insecure that you can’t be kind to your fellow man. Know that you’re better than the insecure prick who needs to push others down to feel good about himself.
15. Stop being a bully. Strength is given not to punish but to uplift. Fight for others, don’t pick on them. Defend others, don’t make fun of them. If you’re strong you have the chance to lead. If you’re a bully you’re going to get your ass kicked one of these days, if not by another human, by life as you end yours alone and without true, valuable relationships.
16. Stop sleeping in. Stop being lazy. It isn’t your right to be lazy. That’s not freedom. Freedom is earned, it’s won, it’s appreciated. When someone else is taking care of you, you have no freedom.
17. Stop waiting. Start acting. Start chasing your goals, your dreams, and hunting down your fears. Stop waiting for a gift, a promotion, a helping hand, go out and get it. It may take years to get what you want, but persist. God didn’t make you a quitter.
18. Stop quitting. Stop quitting when things get tough. Tribulation is opportunity, it always is and always has been. When the economy tanks, those who’ve saved their money, who’ve stayed disciplined when things were going well will have the chance to cash in. When the shit hits the fan you’re given an opportunity to persist, to push through, to become tougher and stronger. Stop quitting when it’s easier to quit, keep pushing.
19. Stop pouting. Life can suck. It’s harsh. It isn’t easy. Bad shit happens to good people all the time. But pouting is useless. CHOOSE to look at the bright side, to appreciate wherever you are and the opportunities you have.
20. Stop wasting your money. Spend money on experiences and other people, not on things, nor on yourself. Money can be a great thing. It can help others. It can open your eyes to new ways of living, different cultures, climates, and creations. Stop wasting it on stupid shit. Start using it to enrich your life and the lives of others.
21. Stop gossiping. Gossip is weak, yet it dominates conversations. Men don’t do that shit. Talk about ideas, not other people. If you enter a conversation and it turns to gossip, excuse yourself from the conversation. Be better than that. Be about more than that.